New Zealand Robotics, Automation and Sensing (NZRAS) is a network of researchers, engineers, technologists and students that is concerned with research and application of robotic, automation and sensing technologies.
We aim to bring together all parties in the innovation ecosystem to facilitate the advancement of science and technology. It includes research providers from tertiary institutions, CRIs, COREs, Callaghan Innovation and various industry groups in New Zealand. It intends to foster and build collaborations, partnerships and networking to undertake research and development projects in particular those with a national focus such as the National Science Challenges.
The network organises conferences and other meetings, and serves as a focal point for New Zealand industry and researchers.
University of Auckland
University of Canterbury
Plant and Food Research
Victoria University of Wellington
Auckland University of Technology
University of Waikato
University of Otago
A vital part of the New Zealand innovation landscape is the industrial organisations that provide the expertise, products and services in robotics, automation and sensing applications. The following is a list of industry members ready to provide their expertise. If you wish to be included on the list, please enquire via our industry membership form.
OUR INDUSTRY PARTNERS
- ABB Limited (Auckland, New Zealand): Robotic systems, software solution
- Beckhoff Automation (Auckland, New Zealand): New automation technology
- CNC Design (Auckland, New Zealand): Robotics, automation
- Compac Sorting Equipment (Auckland, New Zealand): Robots in agriculture
- EIS (Invercargill, New Zealand): Automation, robotics
- Motion Design (Auckland, New Zealand): Robotocs
- Pastoral Robotics Limited (Auckland, New Zealand): Robotics in farming applications
- SEW Eurodrive NZ Ltd (Auckland, New Zealand): Industrial automation and robotic equipment/solutions
- StretchSense (Auckland, New Zealand): Robotics, automation and sensing
- X-craft Enterprises (Auckland, New Zealand): Design and development of robotic craft for real-world operations
Ian Woodhead, Lincoln Agritech (Chair)
Bruce MacDonald, University of Auckland (Vice Chair)
Hin Lim, Waikato University (Secretary)
John Kennedy, GNS (Treasurer)